Stolen Content

What to do if your blog posts are stolen by a spam “scraper” site.

with 2 comments

Update: the site is still active and continues to copy posts without permision. The contact and whois information below is still valid. If Netdirekt continues to fail to respond to C&D notices we will post address information for their upstream providers.

Update: the domain is still active but the site appears to have been disabled.

We’ve had some reports of posts being republished without permission at If one of your posts has been published there without permission, and you are the copyright holder of the material in that post, you can send a copyright infringement notice to the following addresses. This information was obtained from Whois and is believed to be accurate at the time this post was written, but you should confirm it yourself before taking action. appears to be currently hosted on, a server managed by a German service provider. Their email addresses for abuse reports are:

They do not provide specific instructions for reporting copyright infringement. If your copyrighted material has been used without permission you can send a copyright infringement notice demanding the removal of that material. You should identify the specific URL that contains the infringing copy, state clearly that you are the copyright holder of that material and that you require its immediate removal, and give your full name and contact information. A sample copyright infringement notice can be found on this page, under the heading “Cease and Desist Letter”.

Please note that the web hosting company merely manages the server on which that site is running; they are not responsible for its content and are probably unaware of its purpose.

Written by Alex

July 15, 2008 at 4:47 am

Posted in Active

Tagged with

2 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. okay, i dont understand. they took my entire post, pictures & all within minutes of it being posted…and i’m “just” a mommy blogger – I dont have copyrighted material! what do i do?? i dont like my kids pictures being on some random site advertising adult type things!


    August 13, 2008 at 3:25 am

  2. hthr, you are a copyright holder. Any original text you write yourself and any photographs you take yourself are automatically protected by copyright laws. Anyone who copies those things without permission is breaking those laws. You have every right to make a formal copyright complaint against the owner of any web site that does so.

    You’ll find more info about copyright in our FAQ.

    If someone has used images of you or your children without permission to advertise a product, they might also be breaking other laws in some countries.


    August 13, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: